How Can We Help You?

Popular help topics: admissions, jobs, accounts, alumni

Does Teach For America pay for my certification or master’s degree?

There are different ways to pay for the coursework that you must take in order to teach in your region.

In many cases, our regional offices have established relationships with local universities that offer reduced tuition for corps members.

In some regions, you can qualify for tuition exemption based on the fact that you’re a teacher. 

In other regions, you must pay for classes up front. 

Visit the regional site you are interested in and navigate to its “Teaching Here” page for more information.

Teach For America is currently a member of AmeriCorps, the national service network. Through this relationship, our corps members are AmeriCorps members and are eligible to receive forbearance and interest payment on qualified student loans during their two years of service. Additionally, those who have not previously received AmeriCorps awards may receive an education award of around $5,815 at the end of each year of service. This may be used towards future educational expenses, such as certification or master’s degree courses, or to repay qualified student loans. Please note this award is not guaranteed.

Learn more about salary, benefits, and aid available to corps members.