How Can We Help You?

Popular help topics: admissions, jobs, accounts, alumni

What paperwork will I need if I am hired?

After you are hired, you should provide documents that prove your identity and prove you are work-authorized (eligible to work legally in the United States). Acceptable documents are your Employment Authorization Document (EAD), driver’s license and social security number, which you will notate on a Form I-9. Our Human Assets team will submit the information from your I-9 in an online system called E-Verify which compares your I-9 information to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration's records to confirm employment eligibility. Shortly after you are hired, you’ll need to complete a W-4 form to allow Teach For America to determine the amount of taxes to withhold from your paycheck.