How Can We Help You?

Popular help topics: admissions, jobs, accounts, alumni

If my Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is only valid for two years, does that affect my eligibility to work on staff?

You only need to show that you are currently authorized to work. Teach For America does have an affirmative responsibility to make sure that we do not inadvertently employ ineligible individuals. Upon your hire, please reach out to so that they are aware of your expiration date; Legal Affairs will later reach out to you towards the end of your authorization period to ensure that your renewal is going smoothly. This will allow us to assist you if there are problems with your renewal and help you remain on staff.