Candidates are evaluated and selected based on the following criteria:
- Professional work experience
- Demonstrated interest and focus on a career in politics or policy
- Experience using research, writing, analysis, and communication skills
- Experience successfully working independently and with teams
- Track record of increasing responsibility and success
Fellows have successful track records, including the advancement of educational opportunities in their communities, creation of platforms for addressing pressing issues, and active engagement in policy analysis and design.