Your loved one will have the opportunity to research their regional choices after finding out they are accepted to the corps. During their research, they'll be asked to reflect on the factors most important to them in a region, compare regional factors (like cost of living and master's degree options), and eventually build a strong list of regions that are a great fit for them. They will then submit their regional and subject preferences. Depending on their admissions timeline, they will receive regional and subject assignment about two weeks after submitting their preferences. At this time, they will be able to confirm the offer.
- Will my loved one be adequately prepared to enter a low-income classroom?
- Will my loved one be safe in his/her placement school/region?
- Will I get to select the region where I will teach?
- Is there a difference between applying at the first and the last deadlines in terms of regional placement or other factors?
- Does Teach For America provide housing?